Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Interview by Naan Pocen

Naan Pocen A FREELANCE FASHION DESIGNER AND A FREELANCE WRITER, wrote something to me in her blog ....
You can read my interview in her Blog : CREATIVE ART
and read her interesting personal blog here


When did you realize you are indeed an artist?
I have always had a passion to create, to recycle items, and to invent and process things from scratch. I don’t consciously think of myself as an artist BUT as a person who always loves to create and learn new techniques.

What led you to start expressing your artistic side?
After I became a mother, I used my free time to create jewellery and accessories for myself and my friends. That was also about the time that I discovered Etsy and the world of eShops

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I have always had a passion for sewing clothes for myself, but I also loved unique and original accessories, and I found such joy in creating them, or seeing people wear such.

How do you find your inspiration?
I spend countless hours searching for new materials and findings for my jewellery. It‘s inevitable to get an idea or inspiration after such intense consideration of materials. Sometimes just studying them creates images of the completed item in my mind.

How do you deal with people that don’t appreciate your art?
I get a balance from those that DO appreciate and buy my products so it very much compensates for the half that don‘t. Besides, I really don’t give it much though because everyone has their own tastes and I respect that.

Which other artist (s) do you admire? Why?
I really admire many artists, and every day I discover even more. For instance, a few days ago, I discovered Munieca http//www.munieca.etsy.com, I like her paperdoll,, I like kissthefrog.etsy.com for her prints, and i love kukishop.etsy.com for her colorful and kawaii goodies.

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?
I love life, beautiful things, colours, and I love laughter. I would love to convey all of these through my creations.

If you never become famous with your art would you still think it was a route worth taking?
Certainly. The joy of art is in its creation, its appreciation, its ability to enrich the mind. We must not think of art as a means for fame and wealth, but as a way of expression, to keep the mind active, and as the wholesome way to live fully, daily. If success and fame comes, then it comes as a surprise.

And folks, in her own words….a little bit more about our artist besides her art…..
My name is Evelyn, I’m 27 years old and the mother of a beautiful boy named Brian. I live in a tourist town by sea, in Italy. I am a SAHM and spend a lot of time with her son, which is why I can spare the time to create and experiment with new things. I am crazy about travelling and would gladly travel around the world. I love adventure and unspoiled places…. white beaches …the sun ... my dream would be to live somewhere warm all year round.


This week I'm featured in a Team Treasury
with my New Green Owl Ring

Thanks Etsy Twitter Team


Please click and comment before they expire!!
(Monday 10.17pm February 23)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs